Purpose of the Animal Behaviour Training Council
The Animal Behaviour Training Council serves the following charitable aims:
- TO PROMOTE HUMANE PRACTICE IN THE TRAINING AND BEHAVIOUR THERAPY OF ANIMALS AND TO LOBBY FOR IMPROVEMENTS IN ANIMAL WELFARE RELATED TO BEHAVIOUR AND TRAINING OF SAID ANIMALS.
They are achieved by:
- Setting, overseeing and monitoring standards of professional competence in the practice of behaviour therapy and training of animals.
- Coordinating and harmonising the activities of organisations directly engaged in the promotion of such standards within different areas of this sector.
- Providing information and a point of contact for other agencies more widely connected with animal welfare.
- Promoting high quality, relevant behaviour and training education.
- Promoting ethical research into human-animal interactions, animal behaviour and psychological welfare.